Hydroelectric Power Plant Development and Financing
Washington Capital Global Finance can help you:Secure debt and/or equity financing:
- For the constructions of small-scale hydro energy projects from 1MW to 30 MW.
- For construction of larger hydro energy projects of up to 200 MW or more.
- For the build-out of hydroelectric projects globally; and up to $500 million Dollars.
- Design and conduct feasibility studies of Hydroelectric projects.
Water is one of the globe’s cleanest renewable energy sources, nevertheless the development of a hydroelectric plant has significant risks. Environmental impact of the plant is the primary concern. At Washington Capital Global Finance, we are looking for hydro projects that fit these parameters:
Criteria and Finance Process
- $2 million to over $300 million Dollars in size;
- Land site has been identified and or/ is owned;
- License or permits are available to be obtained from governmental agencies;
- Experienced management team selected (or we can recommend an experienced team).
- Feasibility study is done (or we can prepare it).
- Power purchase agreements are in place (or we can help you negotiate such an agreement).
- We can introduce and recommend:
- Turbine producers.
- Pipe producers.
- Construction companies.
Hydroelectric financing terms vary from project to project. It is our job to evaluate your project, from risks to strengths, and determine a financing structure that:
- Addresses the feasibility of the project; and
- Presents an attractive risk/return profile for the developer and financier.
We will work closely with you to mitigate the risks and increase leverage. Our underwriting experts and our realtionship with Capital Markets and producers and manufacturers will give you ability to get your project off the ground. If your hydro energy project is viable and fits within our parameters, we can finance it.
At Washington Capital Global Finance, we can help you in your projects financing needs. Our underwriting experts and our connections within Capital Markets can identify financing sources, our feasibility study review and /or preparation can increase your leverage in securing the project financing through:
Project size of $5 million USD and up.
Water site has been selected (for development projects) or is owned
Feasibility study is done ( or our experts can help you in your process);
Plant product producers have been identified (or we can help your selection process and negotiation).
Power purchase agreement has been negotiated (or we can negotiate a comprehensive and viable program.
Engineering, procurement and construction of the project
Storage and transmission capabilities have been identified